SURGICAL AID FOUNDATION 2016 SURGICAL OUTREACH PROGRAMME
In 2016, Surgical Aid Foundation (SAF) announced her 4th yearly surgical outreach programme in Abuja.
The programme held between MAY 2 – 6, 2016.
THEME: MINIMAL ACCESS SURGERY
SAF is an NGO with a focus on assisting needy individuals undergo high-tech, usually expensive surgical operations primarily in Nigeria but also outside the country.
SAF has supported over 80 Minimal Access Surgical operations so far. The Foundation takes care of half of the surgical bill for all patients. Only Minimal Access Procedures not widely available or affordable are supported.
In 2016, we supported the following programmes:
- Free Dental checks, Blood Pressure checks and Diabetes Screening Tests April 25th – 29th
- Subsidized high-tech laser, endoscopic and laparoscopic surgeries 2016 May 2nd – 6th 2016.
The following Surgeries were considered between May 2nd and 6th 2016:
- Sickle-Cell Induced or Other Appropriate Forms of Erectile Dysfunction: Penile Implant Surgery
- Kidney Stones: Laser Lithotripsy (RIRS, URS, PCNL, Miniperc)
- Bladder or Ureteric Stones: Laser, Ultrasonic or Pneumatic Lithotripsy
- Prostate Problems Obstructing Urine: Bipolar TURP, TURVP or TURis
- Urethral Strictures: Visual Internal Urethrotomy
- Ectopic Pregnancy (non-emergency cases): Laparoscopic Salpingectomy
- Ovarian Cysts: Laparoscopic Ovarian Cystectomy
- Gall Stones; Appendicitis: Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy; Laparoscopic Appendicectomy
- Uterine fibroids: Laparoscopic Myomectomy